After a Travis County district judge cleared the way for Kate Cox, 31, to terminate her pregnancy, Ken Paxton petitioned the state’s highest court to halt the ruling.
The lawsuit argues that the city is violating its own ordinance by not allowing the Office of Police Oversight to access internal disciplinary files of officers.
Darryl George, 18, showed up for class on Tuesday at Barbers Hill High School in Mont Belvieu, Texas, before being removed and placed back into in-school suspension for his natural hairstyle.
Texas Department of Public Safety troopers were accused of depriving migrants of water and medical assistance along the state’s border with Mexico.
"The idea that Miss Cox wants desperately to be a parent and this law might actually cause her to lose that ability is shocking and would be a genuine miscarriage of justice," Travis County District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble said after an emergency hearing Thursday.
Paxton, a Republican who beat impeachment charges this year, has not reported at least a half dozen properties in Florida, Hawaii, Oklahoma and Utah to the state.
Two people killed inside their East Bexar County home on Tuesday have been identified as 55-year-old Phyllis James and 56-year-old Shane James Senior. The man accused of the killings is their 34-year-old son, Shane James Jr.
A suspect connected with six killings allegedly shot two police officers before being taken into custody near the Southwest Austin enclave. Neighbors said they had no warning to shelter in place.
The nurses' union said hundreds participated in the strike Wednesday to protest staffing levels and equipment shortages at the hospital.
- Austin permitirá construir más casas en un mismo terreno en busca de viviendas más asequibles
- Una jueza concederá a una mujer de Texas un aborto de urgencia en un caso histórico
- 10 eventos para celebrar las fiestas en Austin por 20 dólares o menos
- Un alumno de Pflugerville irá al Concurso Nacional de Deletreo en Español tras ganar en su localidad
- Funcionarios de Austin y el Condado de Travis dicen estar listos para responder a un duro clima invernal
- Austin's shift to electric buses is plagued by vehicle glitches and supplier bankruptcy
- 10 events to celebrate the holidays in Austin for $20 or less
- The long goodbye: Coconut Club is still on track to close down
- Travis County dismisses charges against APD officers who used beanbag rounds in 2020 protests
- Pflugerville student will head to the National Spanish Spelling Bee after a local win
Got a question or comment about something you heard on NPR? Contact them here.