The museum on the UT campus underwent renovations over the past year and will now be known as the Texas Science and Natural History Museum.
Hispanic Heritage Month
Grammy Award-winning bassist Greg Gonzalez is the steady rhythm behind Grupo Fantasma, Brownout and Money Chicha, in addition to his work with countless other artists.
Hispanic Heritage Month takes place every year from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, honoring cultures of Hispanic and Latino Americans. Here are some celebrations happening in Austin over the month.
The annual downtown festival will feature a parade, live music and a market.
Late Thursday night, Arlington ISD became the latest school district to join a lawsuit against Education Commissioner Mike Morath because of concerns their ratings will drop drastically under the state's updated system.
A resolution approved by council Thursday requires the city to enforce some aspects of Proposition A, including providing investigators with the Office of Police Oversight unrestricted access to police records to review complaints.
The lawsuit filed last week claimed DA Kelly Higgins refused to prosecute certain types of cases. But Higgins claims District Clerk Avrey Anderson is the real problem.
A summer of record-breaking heat caused many Austinites to stay inside. As cooler temperatures roll in, here’s a list of Austin-area events and attractions to make the most of the fall.
More than half of Austin residents live in multifamily complexes, but most don’t have composting services, according to Austin Resource Recovery.
The Dallas Federal Reserve’s most recent snapshot of the state’s economy shows the impact of heat and lingering vacancies in the job market.
The state’s teachers’ union said in a statement it would stand by the state’s public school teachers who “teach the truth.”
- Las guarderías de Austin se preparan para el fin de la ayuda por COVID
- Texas es el estado con más infecciones de amebas 'comecerebros'. Aquí, lo que hay que saber.
- Austin cambiará las reglas para ampliar donde la gente puede vivir en casas rodantes y pequeñas
- Jóvenes de Texas dicen que la prohibición de libros les quita 'el placer de leer'
- Mes de la Herencia Hispana: Greg González
- A Black student was suspended for his hairstyle. The school says it wasn't discrimination.
- Starting next year, researchers will seek relatives of long-lost Oakwood Cemetery residents
- Austin's Peter Pan Mini Golf is doing whatever it can to stay open
- Texas youth say book bans violate their rights and take away 'the joy of reading'
- Meet Vincent, by far the youngest reporter who covered Ken Paxton's impeachment trial