Overconsumption from the holiday shopping season can have negative an environmental impact. But there are ways to make gift giving more sustainable.
Parents of children under 5 have to wait a little bit longer before COVID vaccines are available. In the meantime pediatricians are still working to increase vaccinations in the 5-11 age group.
The CDC now says everyone 18 and older should get a booster shot.
Burnette was named president of Austin’s only historically black university in 2015. She was the first female president of the university since the merger of Tillotson College and Samuel Huston College.
The program could come back, but that hinges on federal funding that, as of now, hasn't yet materialized.
Hiring slowed sharply last month, even as the unemployment rate fell to 4.2%. Data from the Labor Department suggest the economy was losing steam even before the appearance of a new COVID-19 variant.
So-called "trigger laws" in 12 states would automatically enact an abortion ban if Roe is overturned. In nine others, bans that were blocked by courts or have long been unenforced could take effect.
Texans have more and cheaper health insurance plans to choose from on Healthcare.gov.
1 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
Creek Show attendees run in front of the "si-glo" art installation designed by dwg., a local architecture firm. The Creek Show at Waterloo Park is a 10-night display of illuminated art created by local artists, landscape architects and designers.
2 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
"CREEKture" is an installation designed by GFF Austin. The Creek Show runs until Nov. 21.
3 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
People walk under the "SWAY" installation designed by Ian Randall and Clayton Cain.
4 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
"SWAY" was one of five glowing light installations designed for Creek Show this year.
5 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
Designer Nicholas DeBruyne of Wevolve Labs speaks about his art installation, "BioNest," during a media preview on Nov. 11.
6 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
A close-up of "BioNest."
7 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
The "HIGH LIGHT" installation by Chioco Design and Drophouse Design sits at the top of Waterloo Greenway.
8 of 8 — Waterloo Greenway's Creek Show
Lights glow throughout Waterloo Greenway for the Creek Show.
Life & Arts
- ¿Te preocupa lo que puede pasar si otra tormenta invernal llega a Austin? Esto es lo que puedes hacer para prepararte
- Embarazadas infectadas con COVID-19 enfrentan mayor riesgo de muerte para ellas y sus bebés, advierten los CDC
- Condiciones invernales extremas todavía son una amenaza para la red eléctrica de Texas, según análisis de ERCOT
- Auditores dicen que la Ciudad de Austin no estaba preparada para manejar la tormenta invernal de febrero
- El 2021 está en camino de ser el año más mortífero en las carreteras de Austin
- Officials are brainstorming solutions to Austin's booming housing costs. Here are 4 of their ideas.
- How to combat the recent rise in antisemitic incidents in Austin
- Taylor chosen as home for new Samsung chip facility
- Worried about another severe winter storm in Austin? Here's what you can do to prepare.
- Extreme winter weather still threatens Texas' electric grid, ERCOT assessment finds