Water demand in the country's fastest growing city is currently on pace to surpass supply by 2030. Georgetown is seeking out new water sources and has ramped up education and conservation efforts.
The city had agreed to partner with consulting giant McKinsey and Co. to conduct a review of the programs and money going toward homelessness services across several partners that serve the population.
The first reports of an outage rolled in just before 3 a.m. Thursday. By 2:10 p.m., service was restored.
In 2008, Austin received recommendations to help Black Austinites in six areas, including education, health care, housing and economic opportunities. But more than a decade later, Austin Justice Coalition leader Chas Moore says, not much has changed.
Leta Harrison's show, "Black Girls Don't Wear Red Lipstick," features empowered women in diverse spaces, clothing and colors.
For some, Old Austin boiled down to a feeling. For others, it was a person, a band, a beer, a stage …
Texas Democrats say 2024 is the year they’ll finally unseat U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas. But first, voters must decide on who runs against him. The current frontrunners are State Sen. Roland Gutierrez, D-San Antonio, and Congressman Colin Allred, D-Dallas.
Del Valle ISD School Board President Rebecca Birch resigned from her position Tuesday. Her announcement came the same night the board was swearing in former trustee Damián Pantoja.
An in-depth walkthrough of what TxDOT plans to do along I-35 from Ben White Boulevard to U.S. 290 East.
- Conoce a los candidatos demócratas a fiscal de distrito del condado de Travis
- Condado de Williamson: guía del votante para las elecciones primarias de 2024
- Condado de Hays: guía del votante para las elecciones primarias de 2024
- Condado de Travis: guía del votante para las elecciones primarias de 2024
- Un juez federal rechaza la alegación de invasión en Texas durante una audiencia sobre la ley de inmigración
- Travis County: 2024 Primary Elections Voter Guide
- Meet the Democratic candidates for Travis County district attorney
- From Willie Nelson's cowboy boots to Taylor Swift's guitar: Austin museum showcases music history
- Austin area has dangerously high levels of air pollution, according to new EPA standards
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
Got a question or comment about something you heard on NPR? Contact them here.