'We'll win this fight': Hundreds rally outside Texas Capitol, pledging to kill anti-LGBTQ legislation
The crowd gathered in Austin on Monday, waving pride flags and signs of support. The rally served as a platform to protest a slew of bills under consideration in the Texas Legislature affecting transgender youth and drag performers.
The actions by the Public Utility Commission led to billions of dollars of overcharges, the Austin-based court found. It’s not yet clear if the ruling will affect consumers.
A springtime storm put on a major show for South by Southwest concertgoers.
Fort Hood officials are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of Pvt. Ana Basaldua Ruiz, a 21 year-old combat engineer with Mexican roots. The soldier died on Monday, according to a release from the base.
Similar debates on hot-button social issues — from gender-affirming care to drag performances to DEI programs — are playing out in statehouses nationwide.
Plenty of bills are still up for debate before the session ends in six weeks.
Nurses often provide patients' most consistent face-to-face, hands-on care. But experts in the field are concerned about a loss of experience in the profession after pandemic fatigue and difficult working conditions caused many tenured nurses to leave the field.
All told, 24 people are facing charges in the incidents that shutdown major Austin intersections in February.
The waterline break released chlorinated water into the creek. The city initially reported 30 fish were found dead, but later increased that count to 300. The cause of the break is unknown, but it has been repaired.
- Austin podría contratar a un quiropterólogo. Esa es una palabra elegante para un científico de murciélagos
- La pandemia expulsó a enfermeros experimentados del sistema. Los expertos de Austin buscan soluciones.
- Decenas de inquilinos en el norte de Austin dicen que han vivido sin agua caliente durante años
- La Legislatura de Texas podría desbaratar la ampliación del transporte público de Austin
- Algunos residentes del Condado de Travis pueden borrar sus registros de arresto en la Exposición de Eliminación 2023
- Union demands significant pay raises for Austin ISD employees
- Owner of Marfa’s El Cosmico announces plans to move the hotel, build affordable housing
- Some Travis County residents can clear their arrest records at the 2023 Expunction Expo
- Austin's COVID experts are reuniting to take on future pandemic threats
- More than 70% of Austin ISD employees are burdened by housing costs, survey finds