Austin voters to decide on decriminalizing small amounts of weed and banning no-knock warrants in May
The Austin police department already has a policy of not ticketing or arresting people for low-level marijuana offenses, but the department still uses no-knock warrants.
Most of us will eventually get COVID but that's not an invitation to party with omicron. Here's why you might want to hang onto your mask and keep cautious a little longer.
“Despite our best efforts to deploy central office staff and all other available personnel to keep our campuses operating safely, the number of staff who are out with COVID-19 has overwhelmed our school district,” Superintendent Celina Estrada Thomas said in a letter to parents Friday.
The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision means it could take months before abortion providers’ challenge to the restrictive law returns to a federal court.
People gathered at events in Pease Park and at Huston-Tillotson University in Austin, as well at a march and ceremony in San Marcos.
Voters in North Central Austin are choosing a new City Council member to replace Greg Casar, who resigned to run for Congress.
All over the state, county officials report they’re rejecting hundreds of applications for mail-in ballots, an issue several attribute to recent election law changes championed by state Republicans.
The past few years have been an especially frightening time for many Jewish Americans, even before a gunman seized hostages at Colleyville’s Congregation Beth Israel on Saturday. Preparing for the worst may have helped the hostages stay alive.
Life & Arts
- Texas dice que problemas en la cadena de suministro han limitado el número de formularios de registro de votantes que puede repartir
- Funcionarios electorales de Texas culpan a la nueva ley de voto por el aumento de los rechazos a solicitudes de voto por correo
- Secretario del Condado de Travis dice que la mitad de las solicitudes de voto por correo han sido rechazadas debido a la nueva ley electoral
- Austin y el Condado de Travis exigen a los negocios que anuncien si requieren máscaras, pruebas de COVID-19 o vacunas
- Es hora de buscar un cubrebocas KN95 o N95, pero no tire sus mascarillas de tela
- Internal memo reveals TxDOT’s latest changes to I-35 expansion plans
- School districts ask parents to fill in as substitute teachers as COVID cases rise in Central Texas
- City urges high-risk people to avoid gatherings as Austin moves to Stage 5 COVID precautions
- Texas gas supply plummeted during last weekend's cold snap. That spells trouble for the grid.
- Travis County commissioners tear into MoPac South toll lane project