The union and hospital management have been negotiating for months, but reached a stalemate over key provisions including guaranteed nurse-to-patient staffing ratios.
The rules require executives to work in the office five days a week, and non-executives to work three days. Previously, departments had their own remote work policies.
Per student funding in Texas has been stagnant since 2019, and another legislative session ended this week without any increase to the basic allotment.
The Texas Legislature just gaveled out of their regular session Monday … and then right back in for a special session. If you’re wondering what’s going on (and what it all means), here’s a guide on what to expect from Texas politics this summer.
The hearing Thursday morning is the latest in the years-long effort by Texas and its conservative allies to end the popular program that has granted limited relief to undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as children.
Austin fended off legislative volleys targeting Project Connect, trees, Austin Energy and land-use this session.
John Scott will take over the role as the state’s top attorney following the suspension of Ken Paxton, who was impeached by the Texas House on Saturday.
Successful bills this session focused on the shortage of nurses in Texas and on eliminating the tax on feminine hygiene products.
Austin's light-rail ambitions face key approvals from local officials this week after a bill that would have toppled the Project Connect funding plan was killed. But political and legal risks remain for the voter-approved transit expansion.
- Texas reanudará en Houston su batalla judicial contra el programa migratorio DACA
- La Legislatura de Texas vuelve a reunirse para una sesión especial centrada en la seguridad fronteriza
- Un nuevo mural rinde homenaje a Gus García, el primer alcalde latino elegido de Austin
- Funcionarios del ISD de Austin dicen que el foco en los vales ha eclipsado las necesidades de las escuelas públicas
- El metro ligero de Austin recibe la primera aprobación en medio de la amenaza legislativa
- New mural honors Austin's first elected Latino mayor Gus Garcia
- 'There is no cure': Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Refugee Services of Texas permanently closing after four decades
- Republican-led Texas House impeaches state Attorney General Ken Paxton
- Latest estimate shows Austin's homeless population dipped slightly as folks move out of downtown