The tenants union, launched Sunday, is intended to help students handle issues common to many renters in the city, such as escalating rents and delayed repairs. It plans to hold biweekly meetings and advocate for more affordable and accessible housing.
Joyce Slocum, who led both NPR and Texas Public Radio into a new era for public media, died Sunday from complications of colon cancer.
The employees who worked for YouTube’s music content operations team were speaking to City Council when they began receiving text messages informing them the entire team was being laid off.
During a visit to the Texas-Mexico border, Trump said Abbott has done a great job and is somebody “I would very much consider.”
School districts in the path of the totality cite concerns about an influx of visitors and traffic as reasons for the closures.
The Texas Legislature approved a law last year allowing religious chaplains to provide mental health services in public schools. School boards had to vote on the policy by March 1.
The first shop is set to open in Round Rock as early as the end of the year with construction beginning in June.
The CONNECT initiative aims to create a statewide network of colorectal cancer screening resources to help prevent a common yet highly preventable disease.
Former President Donald Trump was also in Texas on Thursday.
- En Brownsville, Biden pide al Congreso que apruebe una medida de seguridad fronteriza
- La construcción se disparó en Austin y los alquileres bajaron. Los desarrolladores bajan las grúas.
- Texas tiene primarias abiertas. Esto es lo que significa y lo que debes saber antes de votar.
- El déficit presupuestario de Austin podría poner en peligro los programas de ayuda al alquiler
- La prohibición de los envases de un solo uso en los parques de San Marcos es 'sin duda una victoria' para el río
- Where to get your solar eclipse glasses in Austin
- Construction boomed in Austin and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Travis County sheriff hopes active shooter training helps agencies work side by side in a crisis
- Why Austinites should embrace a 'summer blonde' lawn during a drought
- Texas has open primaries. Here’s what that means and what you need to know before you vote
Got a question or comment about something you heard on NPR? Contact them here.