An announcement to let their media rights agreement with the conference expire comes days after the universities signaled interest in joining the Southeastern Conference.
The agency argues that vaccinated people are safe without masks. But the guidance leaves room for plenty of unvaccinated people to mingle dangerously, and many argue that this is fueling case surges.
Austin ISD Will 'Encourage' Masking This Fall For All Students And Staff, Regardless Of Vaccination StatusAn executive order from the governor bans schools from requiring masks in school buildings.
Since 2020, the police department has followed a policy of trying to release these videos within 60 days. On Friday, it said it would try to do so much more quickly.
Four prominent lawmakers — one each with ties to Baylor University, Texas Christian University, Texas Tech University and Texas A&M University — met with Gov. Greg Abbott’s staff Thursday, one day after news broke that the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma had reached out to the Southeastern Conference about joining.
Texas House Democrats Trying To Block The GOP Voting Bill Are Pinning Their Hopes On Congress. So Far It Is Unmoved.Over the past few days, the Texas delegation has met with nearly all of the most powerful Democrats in Washington, save for President Joe Biden. But there is not yet clear movement to revive the congressional Democrats’ federal voting legislation.
Senate Bill 7, the bill that deregulated Texas' retail electrical market, was drafted in secret, championed by a disgraced energy giant and, ultimately, garnered bipartisan support. It drastically transformed Texas' energy landscape. Here's how it passed.
The market redesign is ongoing, and the grid operator has already made some changes to improve reliability. Nonetheless, officials warn Texans to expect more energy conservation requests in the coming weeks as temperatures rise.
A lot of misinformation has been thrown around about crime and police staffing and funding in Austin. What are the facts?
Life & Arts
- Riesgo De COVID-19 En Austin Regresa A Nivel 4, Dicen Autoridades De Salud
- Tras Alza En Casos Del COVID-19, Oficiales De Salud De Austin Recomiendan Usar Máscaras En Interiores
- Clínicas de Aborto en Texas Acuden A Las Cortes Para Bloquear La Más Reciente Medida En Su Contra
- ¿Ganas El Salario Mínimo en Austin? Tendrías Que Trabajar 152 Horas A La Semana Para Rentar Cómodamente Un Apartamento
- Austin Eleva Su Indicador De Riesgo De COVID-19 A Nivel 3 Tras Alza En Hospitalizaciones
- Lyft To Offer Ford's Self-Driving Cars In Austin (With Humans As Backup)
- Why Is Texas On Its Own Electric Grid?
- Austin Health Officials Recommend Masking Up Indoors As COVID-19 Cases And Hospitalizations Spike
- Williamson County Moves Up To Red Phase, Signaling 'Uncontrolled Community Spread' Of COVID-19
- Here's What Austin's Underground Light Rail Could Look Like