The U.S. Senate could consider the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act as soon as this week. Last week, Senate Republicans blocked the Freedom To Vote Act, a different election-related bill.
Eight state constitutional amendments are on the ballot, as well as a couple of city ballot measures, including a proposition to set mandatory police staffing levels in Austin.
Should Texas allow raffles at rodeo events? Should government officials be able to put limits on religious services? These are some of the questions Texans get to weigh in on this fall.
Just 'grateful' to be vaccinated: An Austin musician's experience with a breakthrough COVID infectionKate Howard says she contracted the virus after a five-minute conversation with a friend who also had been vaccinated.
After some debate, a group of scientists advising the FDA concluded that the vaccine's benefits outweigh its risks for young children.
A new report from American Jewish Committee also found that, out of fear of antisemitism, 39% of American Jews changed their behavior, such as by not wearing items that would identify them as Jewish.
World Series action starts Tuesday night between the Astros and the Braves. The Astros have been in the series three of the past five years. The Braves haven't been there since 1999.
A new poll finds more than 55% of Black and Latino households have faced serious financial problems in recent months. And more than a quarter have depleted their savings.
Police in Austin and San Antonio are investigating acts of antisemitism after members of a neo-Nazi group traveled through both cities in recent days.
High-frequency bus lines intended to shuttle commuters quickly through the city got funded, but without the independent job-site monitoring some worker advocates have said were promised to voters.
A lot of misinformation has been thrown around about crime and police staffing and funding in Austin. What are the facts?
Life & Arts
- Legisladores de Texas trazan mapas políticos que le quitarían peso al voto de ciertas comunidades en los próximos años
- La Propuesta A exigiría 2 oficiales de policía por cada 1,000 residentes. ¿De dónde sale este número?
- Las dosis de refuerzo de las tres vacunas contra el COVID han sido aprobadas. ¿Quién califica para recibirlas y dónde puedes ir en Austin?
- La mayoría de los caseros de Austin y el Condado de Travis pueden comenzar a desalojar inquilinos en diciembre, con algunos pasos extra
- El aeropuerto de Austin busca reducir la espera en los puntos de control de la TSA agregando tres líneas de inspección
- Booster shots have been OK'd for all three COVID vaccines. Who can get one and where can you go in Austin?
- Prop A would mandate 2 police officers per 1,000 residents. Where does that ratio come from?
- Austin's reviving an early pandemic program to make neighborhood streets more pedestrian-friendly
- The Supreme Court keeps Texas abortion law in place, but agrees to review it
- Want to see a ghost in Austin? Check out one of these 'haunted' spots