The Texas gubernatorial candidate was speaking at a campaign rally in Mineral Wells when someone in the crowd laughed as he talked about the May 24 massacre at Robb Elementary School.
Many of the questions we get don't have actual fact-based answers. They require a subjective, tactile approach that can only be conjured and honed by the truly singular mind of KUTX's John Aielli.
When it's hot in Austin, you just want to go somewhere to cool off, somewhere you can take a swim and forget the oppressive heat that lingers for six months of the year. But there's one place you definitely cannot go swimming.
Following the Supreme Court's decision, Carlie Brown and Molly Pela rescheduled their wedding for nine months earlier. They fear that without federal protections, their family remains vulnerable.
Kentucky has a similar measure on the ballot, and another is expected in Michigan. But even as advocates analyze the results, they warn that messaging that worked in Kansas may not work nationwide.
The Biden administration is allowing the shot to be given between layers of skin — a method that only requires a fifth of the full dose — in order to increase vaccinations and slow the outbreak.
The governor said Tuesday he has agreed to debate O’Rourke, his Democratic opponent, on Sept. 30 in the Rio Grande Valley.
Lawmakers at the state and federal levels took to social media to decry the search and warn Texans that the heavy hand of government could come for them next.
The transit agency lowered its threshold to offer free rides by about 2 degrees — to 103. As a heat wave drags on, advocates have been calling for free rides throughout August and September.
The district needs 85 bus drivers to be fully staffed, and right now, it has fewer than 25. The new school year begins next week.
Life & Arts
- ¿Por qué son tan altas las facturas de electricidad de los tejanos en este momento?
- CapMetro amplía los viajes gratis a los centros para refrescarse
- La administración del ISD de Austin esboza su visión para el potencial paquete de bonos de 2022
- Autoridades de Austin esperan más dosis de la vacuna contra la viruela del mono luego de que Estados Unidos declarase la emergencia sanitaria
- Texas tiene un recuento oficial de muertes por el apagón de 2021. Es posible que nunca se conozca el verdadero número de víctimas.
- Austin ISD wants teacher housing in the 2022 bond, but some educators are skeptical of the plan
- Eklektikos host John Aielli, who flew by the seat of his pants, dies at 76
- Uvalde survivors face bureaucracy and confusion as they struggle to stay afloat financially
- Austin City Council votes to put $350 million affordable housing bond on November ballot
- Jacob's Well has stopped flowing again. That's a problem for western Hays County.