The site at the defunct Metz Elementary School in East Austin will provide free PCR testing for Central Texans. The site will operate daily from Feb. 1-21.
While issues around masking remain polarized, there are growing calls for a post-omicron off-ramp for kids and masks.
It's a sibling of the first omicron variant that swept the world. Is it more contagious? Does it cause severe disease? Will it keep current omicron surges going? Researchers are looking for answers.
At a White House event with Breyer, President Biden said it was his intention is to name a nominee to replace him by the end of February.
With Justice Stephen Breyer stepping down, President Biden has his first nomination to the high court. He campaigned on picking a Black woman for the lifetime appointment.
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas visits Texas as both Republicans and immigrant rights groups have criticized the president’s border and immigration policies.
The lack of new funding means more than 12,000 Texas restaurants are in danger of closing, according to the Texas Restaurant Association.
The developer is asking City Council to approve a zoning change to allow the site of the former Austin Opera House to be turned into a music venue with retail space and apartments.
Life & Arts
- Autoridades sanitarias dicen que Austin puede haber superado su pico de omicron, pero los casos pediátricos siguen aumentando
- Austin ISD añade dos viernes libres este semestre para proporcionar "alivio al estrés" de su personal en medio de la ola de omicron
- Austin gasta casi un millón de dólares en resolver demandas que alegan mala gestión de los casos de agresión sexual
- Restaurantes de Texas dicen que siguen necesitando ayuda tras agotarse el fondo federal de asistencia por COVID
- José 'Chito' Vela gana la elección para representar al Distrito 4 en el Concejo de la Ciudad de Austin
- I-35 frontage roads would be on the same side of the interstate under TxDOT's new plans
- Texas physicians say it's much harder for women with dangerous pregnancies to get abortions
- Austin remains in Stage 5 COVID-19 precautions as hospitals become 'oversaturated,' local officials warn
- Hays County is still struggling to give out COVID-19 rent relief. Now, the program is losing money.
- 'Queer Eye' star hopes exposure helps keep her East Austin COVID-19 clinic up and running