Austin City Council members agreed Thursday to a settlement amount of $825,000, which will be shared with 15 plaintiffs.
It's a sibling of the first omicron variant that swept the world. Is it more contagious? Does it cause severe disease? Will it keep current omicron surges going? Researchers are looking for answers.
State epidemiologist says omicron surge is beginning to peak in Texas, but hospitals remain strainedThe state reported the seven-day average for daily cases was 41,413 on Wednesday, down from the peak of 52,709 reached on Jan. 17.
Muzdha was separated from her family in the chaos at the Kabul airport after the Taliban retook control. She's now in North Texas, and she doesn't know if she’ll ever see her family again.
At a White House event with Breyer, President Biden said it was his intention is to name a nominee to replace him by the end of February.
With Justice Stephen Breyer stepping down, President Biden has his first nomination to the high court. He campaigned on picking a Black woman for the lifetime appointment.
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas visits Texas as both Republicans and immigrant rights groups have criticized the president’s border and immigration policies.
What, if anything, can Texas' first month of cold weather since the blackout teach us about the state of the power grid?
Life & Arts
- Restaurantes de Texas dicen que siguen necesitando ayuda tras agotarse el fondo federal de asistencia por COVID
- José 'Chito' Vela gana la elección para representar al Distrito 4 en el Concejo de la Ciudad de Austin
- El Rio Grande Valley será un punto de conflicto político en 2022, pero la participación electoral
- El plazo para que votantes de Texas se registren para las primarias de marzo cierra el 31 de enero
- Condado de Hays sigue teniendo problemas para otorgar ayuda para renta por COVID-19. Ahora, el programa está perdiendo dinero.
- Texas physicians say it's much harder for women with dangerous pregnancies to get abortions
- Austin remains in Stage 5 COVID-19 precautions as hospitals become 'oversaturated,' local officials warn
- Hays County is still struggling to give out COVID-19 rent relief. Now, the program is losing money.
- 'Queer Eye' star hopes exposure helps keep her East Austin COVID-19 clinic up and running
- Who is the woman who sings at Austin City Council meetings?