One of the oldest homes still standing in Austin was once known as The Chateau. Its residents hosted legendary parties that were often safe spaces for gay people in the 1960s and ‘70s. Today, the home is boarded up — but there’s a new effort brewing to ensure it’s preserved.
UT Jackson School of Geosciences researchers used a fossil collected around 80 years ago to identify and name A. buceei, a new species of beaver that was native to Texas about 15 million years ago.
The Mental Health Court works as an alternative to jail in misdemeanor and felony cases where mental health issues may have played a role. Around 30 people are expected to go through the program by the end of the year.
Shoppers need a prescription to buy marijuana. The sale is allowed under Texas' Compassionate Use Program.
"The people of Austin deserve to be safe and feel safe," the mayor said in announcing DPS troopers would be helping out Austin police.
Senate Republicans have decided to focus on bills that target gender-affirming care for minors, drag performances, and school books that talk about gender and sexuality.
From a block party to the red carpet and live music, the weekend will be packed.
The bill needs to clear one last procedural vote in the House before it goes to the Senate for consideration in that chamber. It has the support of Gov. Greg Abbott.
Mexico’s president said Tuesday the fire started after some migrants set mattresses on fire inside the facility.
- La policía estatal patrullará las calles de Austin. ¿Qué significa eso?
- Cierra el refugio del Ejército de Salvación en el centro de la ciudad, dejando un vacío en los servicios para mujeres solteras
- Un nuevo informe afirma que las alergias en Austin no son tan graves. Los vecinos no piensan lo mismo.
- Los síndicos del ISD de Austin quieren un superintendente transparente, digno de confianza que esté comprometido a largo plazo
- No importa el costo: Austin quiere enterrar las líneas eléctricas
- A new report says Austin allergies aren't that bad. Locals beg to differ.
- Austin's light-rail plans have shrunk. Here are 5 new options.
- Austin may hire a chiropterologist. That's a fancy word for a bat scientist.
- That was some lightning storm in Austin during SXSW, huh?
- San Marcos effectively decriminalized small amounts of pot, but Prop A advocates want a formal policy