Austin is slowly phasing out a program that made some streets more friendly to pedestrians and cyclists by setting up barriers to slow cars and trucks. City Council created the Healthy Streets Initiative to give people more outdoor space for physical activity.
The federal government plans to release $5 billion in new housing vouchers to help those at risk of homelessness. Low-income tenants often struggle to find landlords who will accept such vouchers.
Pfizer said in late March that clinical trials found "100% efficacy and robust antibody responses" to the coronavirus in 12- to 15-year-olds.
Huffines, who has criticized Abbott as being too slow to fully reopen the state, served in the Senate from 2015-19.
The massive pipeline, which supplies 45% of the East Coast's gasoline and jet fuel, was forced to shut down over the weekend. The company says it has one line operating under manual control.
At least 23 children have died in foster care since 2019; many are also sleeping in state offices rather than in foster homes.
We're just 18 weeks into 2021, and already the U.S. has experienced 194 shootings in which four or more people were shot or killed, excluding the shooter.
The announcement, which effectively reverses a Trump-era rule, springs from last summer's landmark Supreme Court decision banning employment discrimination against LGBTQ people.
Life & Arts
- Austin ISD Despide A Personal De Educación Especial Para Reorganizar Ambiente Laboral ‘Tóxico’
- Tras Un Año De Suspensión De Desalojos En Austin Y Condado De Travis, Dueños De Propiedad Iniciarán Nuevos Procesos En Junio
- Resultados De Las Elecciones de Mayo 2021: Distritos Escolares Del Condado De Hays
- Resultados De Las Elecciones de Mayo 2021: El Condado De Williamson
- Votantes De Austin Aprueban Reinstalar Prohibición de Acampar, Reposar Y Mendigar En El Centro De La Ciudad
- Austin Moves To Find City Land For Homeless Encampments After Voters Pass Prop B
- Austin Will Start Training New Police Again This June, After A Yearlong Hiatus
- U.S. Women's National Soccer Team To Play The First Game In Austin's Q2 Stadium
- More Than 630,000 Texans Are Overdue For Their Second Dose Of The COVID-19 Vaccine
- Austin Is Reinstating A Ban On Public Camping. Here's What That Means.