Texas-based oil giant Exxon Mobil got some good press this week when it announced it was donating $1 million to a campaign to enact a carbon tax in the U.S. But many worry the tax proposal would not slow emissions quickly enough and could harm the environment through its legislative giveaways to the oil and gas industry.
Latest News From NPR
- Congress Really Can Demand, And Get, Trump's Tax Returns. Here's How.
- McConnell Warns Of 'Scary Prospect' If GOP Loses Senate Control In Midterms
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Faces Increasing Scrutiny As Crises Mount
- 'Proud And Relieved': Matthew Shepard's Remains To Be Interred At National Cathedral
- Bishops In Texas Say They Will Reveal The Names Of Clergy Accused Of Abuse
- Anti-Abortion Activists In Texas Are 'Cautiously Optimistic' About A More Conservative Supreme Court
- Meet The 2018 Austin City Council Candidates: District 8
- Houston Pastor Group Sues To Block Austin's Anti-Discrimination Ordinance