Snow Closures For Tonight And Saturday, February 5, 2011
The snow is melting but freezing conditions overnight could make travel difficult. Here' s a developing list of cancellations and delays for tonight and tomorrow. If you would like to add anything, post it in the comments below.
- Austin Community College continues to monitor the weather. Another update will be provided Friday by approximately 8 pm on the college homepage, Facebook, and Twitter
- The University of Texas at Austin remains officially closed this evening. Evening shift work (e.g., custodial) has been cancelled, however, essential personnel should continue to report as scheduled.
- Capital Metro is operating on a Sunday level of service. No UT shuttle are running. MetroRail is also not running. There's no e-Bus service tonight. Cap Metro officials say they will close service tonight at 7 pm. They expect to return to their normal Saturday schedule tomorrow, but there could be some route detours because of early morning icy conditions.
- The David Bromberg show scheduled at the Cactus Café for this evening has been moved to Threadgills South on Riverside Drive. Doors at 8 pm. Show at 9 pm.
- At the Zach Theater, Red Hot Patriot: The Kick-Ass Whit of Molly Ivins is still going on.
- Because delivery of the Austin American-Statesman was affected by the weather, subscribers can download a free electronic edition (exact replica of print edition). Do that here.
For details on local, state, and other closures, check out our earlier list.