Looking For Water? Here Are The Official Distribution Centers Opened By Austin-Travis County Today
The water distribution centers designed to help vulnerable populations who can't buy or boil water started operations this Sunday around Travis County and are continuing into Wednesday. All the sites will be providing one case of free bottled water on a first-come, first-served basis.
Starting at 9 a.m. Thursday until supplies last, residents will be able to get water at these consolidated distribution locations. On Friday, due to decreased demand, the Onion Creek Soccer Complex will be the only distribution site, starting at 9 a.m.
- Gilbert Elementary School, 5412 Gilbert Rd.
- Lago Vista City Hall, 5803 Thunderbird, Lago Vista, TX 78645
- Village of Point Venture Offices, 411 Lohman Ford Road, Leander, TX 78645
- Jones Brothers Park, 10301 Lakeside Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645
Residents can come to the centers by car or on foot.
Austin Water's boil-water notice was lifted for all customers Tuesday. Residents no longer need to boil their tap water before consuming it.
YMCA of Austin offers free hot showers at five locations starting Monday
The YMCA of Austin will be offering the use of its locker room showers to anyone affected by the water outage in the past week, as well as those assisting with relief efforts.
The showers will be available during operating hours at these locations:
- East Communities YMCA, 5315 Ed Bluestein Blvd., 512-933-9622
- Hays Communities YMCA, 465 Buda Sportsplex Drive, 512-523-0099
- North Austin YMCA, 1000 W. Rundberg Lane, 512-973-9622
- Northwest Family YMCA, 5807 McNeil Drive, 512-335-9622
- TownLake YMCA, 1100 W. Cesar Chavez St., 512-542-9622
Those interested are asked to bring their own towel and bathing supplies.