These Are The COVID-19 Vaccine Providers In And Around Austin
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout got off to a slow and confusing start.
But after approval of a third vaccine and the start of the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, vaccine distribution has ramped up a bit in recent weeks.
The supply is still limited, though, and many providers will ask you to get on their waitlist.
Below are the vaccine hubs, pharmacies and other providers that are offering COVID-19 vaccines in Central Texas.
As of March 29, all adults are eligible to be vaccinated in Texas. The expanded eligibility means people 16 years and older will qualify to get a vaccine, though the Pfizer vaccine is the only one currently approved for people 16 and up. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are approved for people 18 years and older.
- A+ Life Style Medical Group (Bastrop County)
- Bell County Public Health District
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center — Marble Falls (Burnet County)
- Hill Country Memorial Hospital (Gillespie County)
- Hays County Health Department
- Austin Public Health (Travis County)
- UT Health Austin (Travis County)
- Family Emergency Room at Cedar Park (Williamson County)
VaccineFinder.org — This website, run in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, allows users to search for vaccines near them and has a map showing current availability. The site allows you to sort your search by vaccine maker. (Note: Appointments listed as available on the site may no longer be. Check directly with the vaccine provider listed.)
Here are some of the providers you’ll find on the website:
- Other local pharmacies, including Peoples Pharmacy and Lamar Plaza Drug Store