Get Involved Spotlight: Blanton Museum of Art
From the Blanton Museum of Art, this month's Get Involved spotlight non-profit:
Blanton Mission Statement:
Founded in 1963, the Blanton Museum of Art is one of the foremost university art museums in the country and holds the largest public collection in Central Texas. Recognized for its modern and contemporary American and Latin American art, Italian Renaissance and Baroque paintings, and encyclopedic collection of prints and drawings, the Blanton offers thought-provoking, visually arresting, and personally moving encounters with art.
Blanton Education Vision:
Our Vision: We believe that art matters. Our aim is to provide visitors with engaging and memorable gallery experiences that will motivate further exploration.
We make this vision a reality through the dedicated work of volunteer gallery teachers. Our volunteers make visitors feel welcome in the museum and introduce them to a variety of ways of looking at and experiencing art. A gallery lesson at the Blanton helps visitors develop visual literacy skills and make personal connections with art that can extend beyond their time in the museum.
If our vision resonates with you, and if your schedule allows for the commitment required of our volunteer gallery teaching program, we encourage you to apply. We ask that volunteers be available to teach one weekday morning (10 AM to 1 PM) per week (Tuesday through Friday). Training for new gallery teachers will be held in January and February 2017.
Seeking Volunteer Gallery Teachers!
The Blanton Museum of Art is recruiting friendly and engaging volunteers to teach student groups of all ages in our newly reimagined galleries beginning in February 2017. No experience necessary.
• Attend initial training on Mondays from 9 AM to 1 PM, January 9 – February 6, 2017 (excluding the MLK holiday).
• Completion of online training modules.
• Attend occasional two-hour workshops on Mondays throughout the year.
• Available for teaching assignments between 10 AM and 1 PM on at least one weekday per week (Tuesday – Friday).
• 2-year minimum commitment (1-year contracts available for current UT students). Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply. We offer schools a dual language option. Apply for an interview by November 1, 2016 For more information and to request an application contact: Laura Kilian Jaster at email@example.com or 512-471-5025.
The Blanton Museum of Art
The University of Texas at Austin
MLK at Congress