Get Involved spotlight: Sammy's House
From Sammy's House, this month's Get Involved spotlight organization:
What is Sammy’s House?
Sammy’s House is a nonprofit organization in Austin, Texas with a vision to bridge the gaps in services for children and young adults who are medically fragile and/or developmentally delayed. Sammy’s House operates an award-winning, 4-Star Texas Rising Star/Texas School Ready (highest level of accreditation) child development center that provides unique and specialized care to a vulnerable population of children. Sammy’s House offers an innovative, family-driven, learning model that is multi-disciplinary in its approach by combining therapy, medical care, targeted educational goals, and care designed to help children reach their potential. Our support programs include weekend respite program, after-school care, a young adult work-readiness program, and an adaptive summer camp for youth and teens.
Our agency’s mission is to:
- Provide affordable, high-quality childcare and educational services to children and young adults with and without special needs in Austin and the surrounding area;
- Provide family support through collaborative educational services addressing issues relevant to child-rearing, respite care, and referrals to appropriate agencies for additional services; and,
- Strengthen public awareness and acceptance in the community on the values of diversity while providing fair opportunities in efforts to abate inequities within our society.
Winter Wonderland volunteers to assist with an upcoming winter festival on December 4th from 11am-3pm.
On-going volunteers to assist with building maintenance, educational preparation and set up for the classrooms, cleanings, and yard maintenance.
More about volunteering:
Sammy’s House can accommodate volunteer groups ranging from 1-180 people. Whether you’re looking to volunteer individually, as a small group, or heading a large corporate volunteer day, we will provide you and/or your team with a meaningful volunteer experience that will make a tangible difference in the lives of the children and families of our community.
How to volunteer:
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com
Ways to Give:
- Amazon Wish List: https://a.co/64MmjPt
- Make a donation: https://sammyshouse.org/donate/
- In-Kind Services: contact firstname.lastname@example.org