The Lead: Doctors and Texas Politics, MoPac Toll Lanes, Sex Offender Registry
Good Monday morning. This weekend’s cold front made for a chilly morning; the National Weather Service says to expect a high near 70 for the Austin region. Here’s KUT’s top morning stories.
- More Texas Doctors Entering Politics
- Dynamic Tolling’ to Smooth MoPac Traffic
- Cheer Up Charlies, Formula 1 Events Come Before Austin Music Commission
- Freezing in the Texas Heat
Here’s some more Austin and Texas stories from the web:
- Texas Won't Participate in National Sex Offender Registry (Houston Chronicle)
Texas officials say the national registry is too costly, and it's willing to risk losing about $1.4 million in grant money that would help local agencies enforce the law. State lawmakers say the grant money is far less than the estimated $38 million it would cost to modify the state's registry program.