Early Voting in Texas Primaries Starts Today
It's time to vote – again. On the heels of Austin's city election Saturday, early voting for the state and county primaries starts today, and runs through May 25.
The primary was originally scheduled for March but was pushed back because of disagreements over redistricting. Voters will get to choose the party nominees for President, the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives, among others.
In Travis County, voters will cast primary ballots for offices including district attorney, sheriff, and more.
Here’s some election resources:
- You can check out KUT News’ coverage of the U.S. Senate Texas primary.
- StateImpact Texas highlights the Railroad Commission primary.
- The Austin Chronicle has a “Primary Primer” on Travis County’s contested Democratic primaries. You can also check out the Chronicle’s endorsements.
- The Texas Tribune has created an interactive, “March Madness”-style bracket where you can make your picks for state office. The brackets are here.
- You can find more voting information from the state here.