KUTX 98.9 celebrates 2nd birthday with concert featuring Jenny Lewis, tUnE-yArDs and Shakey Graves
AUSTIN, Texas—Dec. 15, 2014 — Capping off a second year of delivering the Austin Music Experience, KUTX 98.9 is producing a second birthday party and benefit concert, featuring Jenny Lewis, tUnE-yArDs and Shakey Graves, on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015, at the Bass Concert Hall.
Tickets to the general public go on sale Friday, Dec. 19, at Texas Performing Arts. Proceeds benefit KUTX 98.9.
Since its launch in January 2013, KUTX has been connecting listeners – locally and around the world – to the Austin music experience with:
- More than 300 annual live performances in Studio 1A, which are viewed by more than 3 million viewers on YouTube
- Live music around Austin, including KUTX Live at the Four Seasons Hotel during SXSW and ACL Festival, which have raised more than $50,000 for Seton Shivers Cancer Center this year, the KUTX Live at Uncle Billy’s series and KUTX Live at the Paramount
- In-depth coverage of music festivals, including ACL Festival, Fun, Fun, Fun Fest, Old Settler’s Music Festival, Psych Fest, Utopia Fest
- The My KUTX Guest DJ series, inviting a local musician, band or person intimately involved in the Austin music scene to take over the KUTX studios and play DJ for an hour.
- MapJam, the moveable music festival highlighting some of the hidden spaces where music is made in Austin
"Our focus continues to be on delivering the music that's made here and played here," said Matt Reilly, KUTX program director. "Whether that's an Austin-based band, or a national act making an Austin tour stop. Add to that our music hosts' personal connections to the local music scene and their ability to handcraft their sets make for truly exciting radio that resonates with Austinites."
Special thanks to First Texas Honda and Jaya Furniture for sponsoring KUTX’s second birthday party.
About KUTX 98.9, the Austin Music Experience
With a focus on "the Austin music experience," non-commercial, member-supported KUTX 98.9 features fresh, cutting-edge music, alongside iconic songs and established artists who continue to inspire. Programming includes more than 300 live, one-of-a-kind performances in Studio 1A each year; the Austin Music Minute, the KUTX Song of the Day, the Austin Music Experience showcasing live music; and the Austin Music Map featuring some of the unlikely places where music is being made, and MapJam, which brings the Austin Music Map to life in a daylong music festival. More at kutx.org, @KUTX on Twitter and Instagram, and on Flickr.
Note to editors: Photos from the KUTX 1st Birthday Party are available on the KUTX Flickr site.
Media contact: Erin Geisler (512) 475-8071