Join us for a forum on transportation and affordability, May 25
The Lebermann Forum on Transportation and Affordability
Traffic. Gridlock. Delays. We hear these words every day when we think about getting around Central Texas. As more people come to Austin and people move to more affordable places farther from downtown, some fear that this is only the beginning. There are many new initiatives to improve transportation in Austin, but what are the implications?
Join KUT News transportation reporter Nathan Bernier and a panel of local leaders to discuss transportation and affordability in Austin:
- CapMetro Board Chair Jeff Travillion
- Austin Chamber of Commerce CEO Laura Huffman
- Associate Professor of Community and Regional Planning at the University of Texas Elizabeth Mueller
- Austin Justice Coalition's Director of Housing and Community Development João Paulo Connolly
- City of Austin Community Displacement Prevention Officer Nefertitti Jackmon
The Lebermann Forum is sponsored by the Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life, KUT News and Leadership Austin.
When: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (panel begins at 6 p.m.)
Where: The G.B. Dealey Center for New Media at The University of Texas at Austin, 300 W. Dean Keeton, second floor auditorium, Austin, Texas 78712 Map
Parking: Paid parking is available in the San Antonio and 27th Street garages.