The Votes Are In for #TXDecides. Here's What You Want to Know Before the 2016 Election.
Over the past few weeks, we've been asking for questions about this year's election, and you delivered! Now, KUT and other public radio stations across Texas have compiled queries from voters all over the state.
It’s part of a project we're calling "Texas Decides."
After hundreds of public media listeners wrote in and voted on their favorites, we’re happy to announce our top five questions:
- How will vote recording errors and even fraud be prevented where vote paper records are not created and kept?
- Why is Texas a red state and how did it get so red?
- How have Texas districts been shaped? When/how does this happen? Who's responsible for deciding how lines are drawn? What is the result?
- Why do most Texans eligible to vote not bother to cast a ballot?
- Can we vote for either Libertarian or Green Party candidates in Texas? Why is there almost zero coverage of them in mainstream media?
Now reporters at KUT, KERA North Texas, Texas Public Radio in San Antonio, Marfa Public Radio and Houston Public Media will start digging in.
Follow our progress on social media with the hashtag #txdecides, and listen to KUT the week of October 24-28 to hear the stories you voted for.
It’s also not too late to let us know what you’re curious about. Have a question? Submit it below - and thanks!