As problems with Austin’s water supply continue, the recommendation is to boil tap water for three minutes before consuming it. Most other uses are fine. But there are plenty of people out there who can’t feasibly boil all the water they — or their families — need.
All distribution sites are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. People will be given one gallon per person in their family. The city says these supplies are specifically for people "with special needs, who are unable to boil water, or need bottled water for work."
Here are places to pick up water:
- Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex, 10211 W. Parmer Lane
- Walnut Creek Park, 12138 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Former Home Depot on St. Johns, 7211 N. Interstate 35 Frontage Road
- Roy G. Guerrero Park, 400 Grove Blvd.
- Onion Creek Soccer Complex, 5600 E William Cannon Dr.
- Dick Nichols Park, 8011 Beckett Rd.
- Circuit of the Americas, 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd., Parking Lot A
Are there other places giving out water? Let us know and we’ll add to the map.
University of Texas students can pick up drinking water at four sites around campus, with a valid UT ID:
- Recreational Sports Center
- Gregory Gym
- Student Services Building
- Texas Union Building
We'll keep updating this list as new sites are identified.