Seven Republican and five Democratic lawmakers have been tasked with presenting the evidence to Texas senators in the hopes that they will convince them to convict Paxton.
This means special session is almost guaranteed. None of this may surprise you — the 2023 legislative session has been marred by controversy and historic moves.
Texas is still reeling from the state's deadliest school shootings. Will new school safety plans prevent another tragedy?
As drought becomes more common, we need to rethink how we address water rights, law expert says.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been impeached by fellow Republicans in a historic vote in the Texas House. He will immediately and temporarily be suspended from his duties.
Austin still struggles to shelter people living outdoors, but the city has made gains in getting more housing for people transitioning out of homelessness.
The 20 articles of impeachment Paxton could face include constitutional bribery, obstruction of justice, disregard of official duty and misapplication of public resources.
State senators have taken policies that would damage the Texas renewable energy sector and added them to a bill to fund the state's Public Utility Commission.
Only two other state government officers have been impeached: a governor in 1917 and a district judge in 1975.
- Funcionarios del ISD de Austin dicen que el foco en los vales ha eclipsado las necesidades de las escuelas públicas
- El metro ligero de Austin recibe la primera aprobación en medio de la amenaza legislativa
- Un proyecto de ley para exhibir los Diez Mandamientos en las aulas de Texas fracasa en la Cámara
- Revelan la recomendación del Proyecto Connect: El metro ligero se extendería 10 millas a nivel de calle
- ¿Por qué no va más gente en bicicleta al trabajo en Austin?
- Austin ISD school board unanimously approves 7% raise for teachers, counselors and librarians
- 'We're going to miss Texas': Trans patients consider options after Dell Children's shake-up
- Why don't more people in Austin bike to work?
- Hays CISD students are overdosing on fentanyl. It’s unclear how widespread the problem is.
- Austin is opening a temporary homeless shelter in Southeast Austin