Jacob's Well Is A Source Of Life For The Wimberley Valley. What Would Happen If It Were To Stop Flowing For Good?
The popular swimming hole in Wimberley is a gauge for the aquifer beneath. Drought and more development threaten the waterflow — and the local economy that depends on it.
A new CDC study finds that people who provide unpaid care for their children or adult loved ones are twice as likely as noncaregivers to have experienced depression or anxiety, or thoughts of suicide.
The latest toll from Johns Hopkins University comes nearly four months after the nation crossed the half-million mark for deaths from the coronavirus pandemic.
June 19, 1865, marked a huge turning point for black people in America.
This weekend, Texans will celebrate Juneteenth, the anniversary of the day enslaved African-Americans were liberated in Texas — more than two years after the Emancipation Proclamation. That happened when Union troops arrived in Galveston, where on Saturday many will celebrate with a Juneteenth parade and the dedication of a new mural.
The district said all classes will be in-person next school year after the Texas Legislature failed to pass a bill that would have ensured schools get state funding for virtual learning.
Austin's Juneteenth Events Center On Theme 'Stay Black And Live' Amid 'Dual Pandemics' Of COVID-19 And RacismThe holiday commemorates the day in 1865 when enslaved people in Texas found out they were free — two and a half years after the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation.
Life & Arts
- Escuelas De Austin Regresan A Clases Presenciales En Otoño Sin Opción De Aprendizaje Virtual
- Policía De Austin Ahora Dice Que Fueron 15 Las Personas Heridas En El Tiroteo De La Calle Sexta
- Policía De Austin Dice Que Ataque En Killeen Precedió Tiroteo Mortal En La Calle Sexta
- Informe Revela que Los Estudiantes Hispanos Y Negros De AISD Son Disciplinados Con Mayor Frecuencia
- Ante Demanda Alta De Energía Y Suministro Bajo, ERCOT Le Pide Al Público Reducir Uso De Electricidad
- Austin Police Now Say 15 People Were Injured In Sixth Street Shooting
- Here's Where You Can Celebrate Juneteenth In Central Texas This Year
- Electric Scooter And MetroBike Use Springs Back From Pandemic Lows
- Deadly Sixth Street Shooting Stemmed From Previous Shooting In Killeen, Affidavit Says
- After Months Of Special Education Turmoil, Families Say Schools Owe Them