Some Evacuated Bastrop Residents Can Return At 2 p.m.
Public safety officials are removing some roadblocks around the Bastrop Complex fire to allow people to return to their homes. Here are the specific details on openings and closures from the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office:
- Highway 21 East will only be closed from Squirrel Run (also known as County Rd. 153) to Pine View Estates. That means Highway 290 barricades on 21 will be removed.
- Barricades outside the Bastrop Convention Center at 150 will be moved up to Bastrop State Park or Pine View Estates.
- FM 1441 from SH 95 to Rainbow Drive will be open.
- In the Tahitian Village, the general area west of Akaloa from Lover’s Lane will be open to residents. People are being asked not to go east of Akaloa.
- Bastrop Highway 21 East will be open to Loop 150 from Highway 71. Highway 71 will be closed from Tahitian Drive and Hidden Bluff Road.
In the Smithville area, Highway 71 Westbound is closed at the turnaround west of Keller road. Park Road Westbound is closed at Old Antioch. Cottletown Road is closed at Old Antioch. Gotier Trace Westbound will remain closed at Old Antioch.