Join us for a night of all-new stories based on your questions, told live on stage.
El Camino Real de los Tejas is a National Historic Trail that traces back to before the start of Texas. The 2,600 miles stretch all the way from the Texas-Mexico border to Natchitoches, La. Part of the historic trail runs right through San Marcos.
Austin poet Terry Dawson has responded to the climate change crisis with a poetry collection urging people to take stock of the situation.
With a state legislative session looming, the Texas Women’s Foundation has identified nearly two dozen policy changes that can help make the lives of women and girls better.
Students had been pushing for the State Board of Education to adopt a new, more inclusive social studies curriculum this year. Instead, the board delayed their scheduled update until at least 2025.
Find out who your representative is and whether that seat will be on the ballot this fall.
Abbott directed the Department of Public Safety to boost efforts to collect intelligence on cartels and investigate gangs in Texas that support drug and human smuggling.
1 of 9 — AielliMarquee_PL_Aug012022
AUGUST 2022: A food delivery robot passes in front of the Paramount Theatre in downtown Austin. The marquee's message is in honor of KUTX host John Aielli, who died July 31.
2 of 9 — SanMarcosRiver_PL_Aug032022
A person swims in the San Marcos River.
3 of 9 — MonkeyPoxPress_GP_Aug092022
Mayor Steve Adler, Austin-Travis County Health Authority Dr. Desmar Walkes and Travis County Judge Andy Brown speak at a press conference to increase awareness and educate the public about monkeypox at Austin City Hall on Aug. 9.
Gabriel C. Pérez
4 of 9 — AISDFirstDay_RD_Aug152022
Adults drop off children outside Zilker Elementary School on the first day of classes in Austin ISD on Aug. 15.
5 of 9 — MISDFirstDay_PL_Aug152022
Students walk the halls of Manor Middle School on the first day of school.
6 of 9 — TaylorCemetery_KH_Aug182022
Morgan Cook, the City of Taylor Cemetery coordinator and sexton, walks past headstones at the cemetery. The gravesite was designated a "Historical Texas Cemetery" in August.
7 of 9 — PrideParade_ST_Aug202022
People carry signs that say "Let your freak flag fly!" as they march in the Austin Pride Parade on South Congress Avenue on Aug. 20.
8 of 9 — ArielJacksonBAM_GP_Aug252022
Visual artist Ariel René Jackson is photographed for the Black Austin Matters podcast by KUT and KUTX Studios.
Gabriel C. Pérez
9 of 9 — UvaldeParentsRally_PL_Aug262022
Sharwin Khot holds a sign that says "Protect our kids not guns," during a rally at the Texas Capitol hosted by families from Uvalde and March for Our Lives. The groups called for gun control reforms in the wake of the Uvalde school shooting earlier this year.
Life & Arts
- Hace años, Austin se fijó objetivos de vivienda asequible. La ciudad está lejos de cumplirlos.
- A partir del 1º de Noviembre, tu factura mensual aumentará 20 dólares
- El Condado de Travis permitirá votar hasta las 9 p.m. en ciertos días durante la votación anticipada
- Es el Día Nacional del Registro de Votantes. Esto es lo que necesitas saber de los requisitos de identificación.
- Chacón dice que la policía estaba "poco preparada" para las protestas de Mayo de 2020
- Indigenous tribe renews yearslong fight to reclaim human remains from UT
- Texas (again) has the highest uninsured rate in the country
- Austin ISD is considering turning two properties into teacher and staff housing
- That sticky stuff on your car isn't tree sap
- It’s National Voter Registration Day. Here’s what you need to know about voter ID requirements.